Category : Uncategorized
Organization of Bhutanese Society (OBS-DFW) is a developing community based on non-profit social entity. It is supported by the complete team of Bhutanese educated lots, youths and other well-wishers with a vision to help the community in Dallas and Fort Worth metropolis to begin their social life in the new home country. Currently we have offices in two locations: Dallas and Fort Worth and following programs are being offered from these centers
Our Current Activities
- Providing English for Communication Classes for all adult Bhutanese living in DFW metropolis.
- Providing English Literacy Civics (EL Civics) classes to all Bhutanese community people of DFW for Citizenship preparatory test.
- Providing need based Case and Crisis Management services for all Bhutanese community members which includes:
- Providing direct and free transportation and translation services for medical appointments assistance and other local benefits assistance.
- Providing immediate assistance to the community members for applying government benefits like SSI, TANF, WIC, Housing, Medicaid, CHIP and SNAP benefits applications.
- Providing job Orientation, Job readiness training, Job search Orientation and job application assistance.
- Providing Orientation on Government housing and legal issues
- Encouraging the Bhutanese community to preserve, promote and strengthen the cultural aspect through various community activities.
- Providing healthy living and wellness orientation to the elderly community members including nutritional and balanced diet education, hygienic living education, importance of physical exercise to prevent/minimize illness like diabetes, High blood pressure and other illnesses.