Category : Uncategorized
“The Organization of Bhutanese Society, DFW (OBS-DFW) is supported by a strong and active team of volunteers who have a clear vision. It is providing services to the Bhutanese families at two different Bhutanese Community Centers; one in Dallas and the other in Fort Worth.”
- Offering classes on English as a Second Language (ESL) for Bhutanese refugees.
- Providing civic classes for preparing citizenship tests.
- Offering the community with Case and Crisis Management especially to the needy clients that include:
- Helping the clients with medical related activities.
- Accessing needy clients to government provided services
- that include Social Security Benefits, Food Stamps, WIC Programs…etc
- Teaching the young Bhutanese school going children and youths the essence of culture and Nepali literature, accessing them to promote their games and sportsmanship, and to inculcate the youths with extra educational and skill-related activities that promote their scope of future life.
- Providing healthy living and wellness orientation classes to the elderly clients in the community that include:
- Nutrition and balanced diet.
- Hygienic living, and
- Teaching the benefits of physical exercise to reduce the illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure, and physical and mental stress.